- Sweet biscuits witnessed a sales curve as consumers could be seen cutting down on chocolate and gum and replacing these with biscuits.
- Some companies grabbed the opportunity and encouraged consumers to add sweet biscuits to their regular food shop.
Consumption occasion to reshape brand positioning
- Opportunities surrounding breakfast remain to be a key area of focus for many sweet biscuit manufacturers.
- Evolving consumer behaviours are creating new occasions for eating, such as during the afternoon commute or while unwinding in the evening
- In order to target consumers throughout the day, manufacturers are looking at different formats such as healthy variants in the morning and ‘pick-me-up’ occasions in the afternoon.