The snack industry is evolving at a rapid pace. Whether it’s the demand for healthier snacks, superfoods, consumer preferences are changing, putting pressure on manufacturers and their current production processes. With the right cutting-edge technology in place and a partner they can trust, snack manufacturers can stay one-step ahead of the latest trends and turn their challenges into opportunities.
- Sales in Middle East and North Africa are led by Egypt and Saudi Arabia, the two largest markets for this category. Sweet Biscuits are widely consumed in Egypt, and double-digit growth over the 2013 to 2018 period is expected to continue
- Added functionality and reduced sugar per serving are expected to be key drivers of sales in the coming years
- The brands are aiming to portray that consumers can still adapt to a health and wellness lifestyle while indulging in these products simultaneously.
- Sugar confectionery in MENA is expected to grow by 1% CAGR, with the United Arab Emirates growing at a CAGR of 4%.
- The global snacks industry is growing at the rate of 5% CAGR which is the same growth rate in the MEA region.
- Ice cream and frozen desserts is set to increase by 2% CAGR over the forecast period globally and 5% in the MENA region.
*Souce: Euromonitor, Gulfood Outlook Report, TNA